October 22, 2009

Lithography nightmare -__-;;

... as in how time consuming it could be.
I finally got my 2 drawings for Printmaking printed. And yesterday has got to be one of the most exhausting school days for me ever for I spent freakin' 19 hours in school, working nonstop. Guess how many hours were spent on printing these babies? 13 hours all together :D (though I was printing with another friend, so we did together 20+ prints, and not 10, so that's why it took so long). Uh-huh... talk about the aftermath of procrastination, lol XD. Though to be honest, I didn't procrastinate all that much for Printmaking which is a class I love... but more like lithography is just so time-consuming. I'm glad my instructor really likes the prints, and he proposed that I continue on with lithography in which he thinks I have the potential to go farther, and have mezzotint as a side project. However, I'm just so grateful I got these done. The feeling of accomplishing and completing something is one of the most rewarding feelings ever. I came home at 3:30 am this morning in the cold rain after standing and working for freaking 18 hours straight and my feet just wanted to collapse but I felt totally peaceful. It was just wonderful, wonderful I tell yah.



I call this piece Flow. This is the final print, but I'm not happy with how it turned out... too dark and lots of details were lost T_T.

Now this is the drawing on the stone... See, this is how I want my prints to look like, but my lack of experience really ruined it.


Progress shots.

0 comments: