May 10, 2009

So... school is out -___-; what's next?

This is gonna be just a short post...
Remember the woodcut I showed you a picture of earlier? That woodcut took me forever to complete (stabbed my fingers a few times, old story, hehe), and the final result can be viewed below. It didn't turn out like how I expected of it much, though it was tolerable enough for me to turn it in for the final grade. I did well, the prof. liked it, some people in my class liked it, we had the shortest final critique I'd ever been to: around 20 mins to go over everyone's piece; and guess what, the rest of the time (yea, the remaining one hour and a half) was spent very wisely on... cleaning up, fun stuff ;D. What made me happy was that two of my pieces were collected to go into the permanent collection of the Printmaking Dept. and I was able to sell some prints during the print sale even though it wasn't a lot of money. You know, it has been so long since I last did anything worth mentioning, seriously. I fell so out of touch with art for the last two and a half years in school that I really did not know why I was still hanging on... Probably because I was too afraid to go a different route. I pushed off Printmaking time and time again, only too discover that I really like it. However, I'm not regretting anything, because if I was to take Printmaking earlier, I knew that I still wouldn't have liked it all that much, taking into consideration my attitude about art years ago. The heart does make everything different. I put a lot more heart into these woodcuts and prints than I ever did for any other classes... and it paid off... somewhat. More importantly, printmaking class inspired me to pursue art more seriously. If only (I hate that phrase a lot, but once in a while, I have to use it) I could change my attitude about graphic design... Note to self and goal of this summer: spend every freakin' day designing and doing graphics, even when my stupid brain refuses to cooperate (which it does quite often now whenever I want to design T^T), I HAVE to make myself motivated -______-;; I know I don't have any graphic works posted up... but seriously I didn't make any good ones to show at all. But that will change, or rather, I WILL make it change *furious foams*...

Title: Disturbed

Last but not least, I just wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Mothers in the world!!! And especially to my very dear lovely mother, I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS <3333 (I know she won't be reading this, but I really just wanted to say that :D). Got something special special for her too, heheh :D... I hope you all have a good mother's day with your moms. Treasure your mothers, for you're extremely lucky to still have her by your side until this day. I thank the Lord everyday for my mom and family and friends. To still have someone to care for and say I love you is one of the greatest blessings ever. Have a wonderful day!!!!!!

0 comments: