December 8, 2009

Walking in the winter wonderland :)

I felt very comfortable drawing this one. Possibly because I'm a very detailed drawer who is not used to express my ideas so openly, and the new drawing allows me to be just myself drawing the way I want to. The last one was more of a drawing to 'please' my professor. As much as I hate to admit it, the previous drawing failed short, and all the marks I made weren't genuine. To me, it's so important to be genuine in everything that I do... if I don't, I feel quite a big discomfort. I love textures and patterns and chaos... and this time, I did the same thing but in a much more order manner... and it pleases me so :). The whole drawing is just that: lines, and lots of repeating patterns. It's therapeutic to do that. I got in a trance working on this drawing 4 hrs straight this morning, and didn't feel tired at all! I guess the environment helped too. I was working in a quiet room with the snow drifting outside listening to thunderstorm sound on my Ipod (repeatedly, I only have this one track XD, it relaxes and soothes me so well, plus, it helps me so much to concentrate).



Some close-ups (click for bigger view):


Anyhoo, I'll go back to study now. Ja!

0 comments: