July 11, 2010

New lens coming my way ^___^!!!

In front of me...


I'm really happy right now because I finally was able to afford a new lens :D!! As my love for photography increases, it's about time to move on and get serious. My kit lens is acceptable, occasionally it makes good enough photos (like the one above of my dad, I actually was very please with how the final result came out), but apparently, there're certain things I just can't do with a kit lens. And yes, this time I got myself a lovely Canon EF 50mm f1.4 standard lens. Yes, it's the baby I talked about wanting to acquire last summer, and now my dream came true, I'm sooo happy. I just purchased it this afternoon after weeks of contemplating over whether I should be spending money on a new lens or not. Consider it my new and only walk-around lens, wooohooo!!! I can't wait to be taking more pictures!!!!

3 comments:

KD nguyen said...

OMGGGGGGGGG!! this is a pretty photo shoot.....I can't wait til i get my camera sometime in august. But the picture that you took of your dad is definately beautiful..I can see the detail very clearly...ddep wa...better then some of the other photoprahy out there that I've seen.

Kiana (An) T. said...

thanks Diem... so are you planning to go more into photography in the future too? Photography can be quite an expensive hobby, but when you start and love it, you will begin to see the world differently, which I think is really rewarding :).

KD nguyen said...

Hey an..OMG I couldn't see any of your photo it pissed me off..hahaha..oh well maybe I should reload the page later..But yes I am looking into photograhy, I just order my camera and lens yesterday..So excited for it to come. As right now I'm working on my name and logo for my new business as a photographer...hahahah..Hopefully things go well. What about you? are u looking into photography as well?