June 18, 2010

Thoughts on Summer's Hybrid


I'd like to talk a little bit about this series.
In many ways, taking these new photos was a pleasure, as it was the very first time I took the initiative to approach downtown area, a total unfamiliar place to me for picture-taking session. The results are quite interesting. There's a mixture of candid, fun-loving moments as the models interacted in carefree mischief with each other, and some angsty moments where I had them posed in the middle of the street full of passer-bys (quite reluctant they were, yes, I know it, they must have hated me then for being so demanding :))
The idea came to my mind when I saw the dynamic between this duo. The two have been friends for almost 10 years, and have been through many things together. The history alone would be worthy of lots of exploration. But with many kinds of relationship in life, there're rhythm and differences between even soulmates. This very existing hybrid is palpable between these two, as I watched them interacting. The comfort level, the understanding, unspoken thoughts, each of them brought something forward. They're very different, but at the same time very much the same. They adjust to meet each other's quirks and oddities, while maintain their very own charms. Ah, the ying and yang of friendship. Don't you just wish everything could be as balance and in perfect harmony? It'd definitely be heaven on earth then, or we just might as well die peacefully as there's nothing to fight for anymore *smiles* (don't take me the wrong way, I can be a rather sadist sometimes, what I meant is the struggles and obstacles are what make living so worthwhile, without them our lives would be so perfect, so it wouldn't matter if we live or die anymore). Anyway, I'm getting off-topic, let me get back on track here. Upon seeing their cobweb of behaviors, I was inspired to add a few shots of them being together but each lost in her own universe. They were in the same plane, but operated on two entirely different wavelengths, yet, when time comes, they're together, smiling at the same old jokes again. They differ synchronically, and match deviantly. Though I realized this a little bit late in the session and couldn't bring myself to express myself clear enough for these two models -sighs-.
Verbalize, Kiana. Verbalize your thoughts. Ah, the difficulty... Ocassionally I wish that at times like this my brain was wired a little bit differently instead of being its complicated long tunnel of thoughts processing. Hopefully, with another opportunity I can further develop this idea and expand on the many more layers of emotions between these two.

And very special thanks to the two lovely ladies of the day: Chichi and be Mam Hu-e -hugs-.

0 comments: