April 25, 2010

2012 Calendar

Ah, my head is about to burst right now. I finally completed the 12th illustration for this calendar after like what... 2.5 days of wearing my butt off continuously, slaving dutifully away in front of the computer screen. Several times I just wanted to cry, seeing time slipped away and ideas not actualized. I was being ambitious by telling my professor that I wanted to do 12 individual designs for each month, something that I didn't have to, but I am very happy now because I actually finished what I said with no excuses. I did have to holed myself up in my room for several days however. When you have to do 1 illustration after another, it truly messes up your mind. When I started on the 8th illustration, it took me 6 hours or more. I got frustrated tremendously. A lesson learned... give yourself enough time when you're ambitious. If you rush, you will either hurt yourself or your ideas/designs/whatever you're working toward. I actually did have enough time for this, thank God. The actual calendar will be posted when I put all the printed files together. Oh by the way, the theme of this calendar is Illumination. Just a head up if you have a hard time figuring out what all the illustrations are about.

Click for bigger view

1 comments:

KD nguyen said...

Wow!! very impressive!! I can't never imagine myself doing something like this?? what program did you use???Have you ever thought about putting your artwork on iStock? I think it looks really good!!!